Sunday, August 10, 2008

JB Sez No Tiger? No problem........

Padraig Harrington has shown this year that he can pick up the slack with a Tiger-less PGA Tour. Harrington shot a 3 under on the back 9 today at the PGA Championship to win by two shots over Sergio Garcia and Ben Curtis. In addition to winning the PGA and British Open this year, Harrington finished in a tie for 5th at the Masters and has had two other top three finishes on tour this year. Its clearly the best year of his career and it gives the European Ryder Cup Team a very very hot golfer heading into the Cup next month, something the United States just does not have right now. Although it was nice to see Padraig win, wouldn't it have been better to see Sergio win? That way everyone can clown on Sergio for winning his one major, in an event that did not have Tiger Woods. To me, it would almost be better for Sergio to get his major without Tiger, than with him. Time will tell if this young, stubborn Spaniard will ever put together four solid rounds in a major to take home one of golf's most prestigious prizes. If I'm Sergio, I'm making a trip back to the putting green tonight. The difference in today's tournament was Harrington making three clutch putts on 16, 17, and 18 while Garcia missed puts on 17 and 18 which could have kept him in the tournament.

Brett Favre is now a New York Jet. I don't think there's a happier person to have a resolution to this matter other than me. I was at a point where I was not going to listen to any sports radio, visit any sports Web site, or watch any Sportscenter. For one month we were subject to "Brett Favre all the time" and it drove me nuts. That being said, I don't see the media circus ending anytime soon, but it should die off a little bit. After all, the NFL season is upon us and there are 30 other teams not named the New York Jets and Green Bay Packers.

I'll probably have some more thoughts later in the week prior to my trip to New York to watch the Yankees play the Royals. I need to make sure I visit Yankee Stadium once, before they move to the new park.

For now, enjoy this video. This is one of the best pranks I have ever seen. Check it out.

1 comment:

Dave T said...

Dude you should start a rome Blog