Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bracketology: Bubble Chaos

Yesterday I thought was a day that some bubble teams would separate themselves from the pack. Turns out it was the other way around as Clemson, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Richmond, and Alabama all won games. To make things worse, presumed bubble safety teams such as Illinois, Florida State and Georgia, lost.

To make things worse, as I type this UTEP is hosting the C-USA tournament and has an early 9-0 lead on Memphis (another bubble team).

So how does one sort this out today? Well, at this point, I say let the games play out and figure it out tomorrow. I will say that I do believe Michigan State has a bid, and Illinois, Georgia, and Florida State will still make the field (although that could change).

With Penn State's win, i will put them in the field and take out USC, who lost in the Pac 10 Semifinals last night to Arizona.

No comments: